Join our National Event
Expanding the Discussion
To manage effectively our resources, efforts, and outcomes; solid waste managers and industry leaders need to speak the same language about the same materials. The Measurement Matters Summit is convening in Downtown Chattanooga in the Marriott Event Center. It will bring the top leaders and professionals in solid waste management, trade organizations, and industry to break new ground in understanding and defining measurement in materials management.
Who Should Attend?
Measurement Matters is your chance to network with clients, build regional partnerships, talk with colleagues, and industry leaders all in one location. Save travel costs and time by meeting with your contacts in one location.
- National and State Program Managers
- Local Government Solid Waste and Public Works Managers
- Trade Organizations
- Professional Organizations
- End-users of recovered materials
- Scrap buyers and brokers
- Recycling business managers
Be a Part of this National Collaboration
Meet with industries and professional organizations. Connect with hundreds of professionals from industries that have interest in measurement.
State professionals that provide oversight to materials management systems in their states should not miss this opportunity to provide input and direction to this national effort.
Discuss material data capture, analysis, and how to use it to reform, improve, and change public policy. As professionals, gain understanding on the essentials of emerging technologies in measurement. Learn how to protect your program from loss of funding using data.
State professionals can also:
- Learn new reporting strategies
- Network with other state program managers
- Join colleagues in defining a consistent methodology and definition that allows each state’s data to benchmark seamlessly with others. This benefit will strengthen state’s programs and help support or justify new directions.
Day 1 – State Data Collection Discussion
- Examples of how participating states improved waste and recycling programs through better metrics.
- Break through barriers to reporting within the State Measurement Program (SMP) system and measuring program’s performance.
- Enhance the quality of the currently reported data, demonstrate power and value of the SMP system and what non-participants are missing.
- Present the business case for local governments to invest in local SMM initiatives.
Day 2 – Engaging Improvement
- Identify new metrics for success.
- Harmonizing a System of Measurement: A Look at set aside and capture rates, characterization studies, recycling and diversion rates, waste sorts, economic impact studies, labeling, and many more!
- Incorporate Community, Industry & Material Recovery Facility essentials for better materials management.
Day 3 – Building an action plan and timetable.
Additional Educational Opportunities and Events
Join in a networking opportunity after the Summit’s sessions Wednesday evening at the Tennessee Aquarium sponsored by the Tennessee Used Oil Recycling Program. More information coming shortly.
Sponsors and Exhibit hall
Can't Attend? LiveStream the Summit
The LiveStream registration allows virtual attendees to experience the Summit from the comfort of your desk or boardroom. Watch sessions, ask presenters questions, and participate in the event while saving time and money. Learn more.
US EPA Region 4 State's Manager's Meeting
February 26-March 1 at the Downtown Marriott Hotel and the TDEC field offices. Separate registration required.
Continuing Education Units
Ask at the Measurement Matters registration area for copies of the form.
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING HOTEL BOOKINGS
The Marriott Downtown Chattanooga provides the only official housing for the Measurement Matters Summit. Attendees should only reserve rooms directly with the link provided for the Marriott Downtown Chattanooga. The Marriott Downtown Chattanooga will not make unsolicited contact with attendee or potential attendees to secure hotel reservations.
Register for the Measurement Matters Summit and with the Marriott Downtown Chattanooga and attendees will receive a $25 discount on their Summit registration by providing your confirmation id or last name. Click here to reserve your room.